The goal of the Community Grant Fund is to support community-designed events that promote solidarity and healing and highlight local resources for pandemic recovery to under-resourced and marginalized communities in San Joaquin County.
Applications Are Now Being Accepted for the Second Round of Funding.
Deadline for Applications:
June 16, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (PST)
Grant Application for
Community Grant Fund – Round 2
Program Overview and Information about the Community Grant Fund?
The San Joaquin Community Foundation is pleased to invite eligible nonprofit organizations to submit requests for the second round of grant funding from the Community Grant Fund. Priority will be given to eligible organizations that did not receive an award in the first round of funding.
The Community Grant Fund was established in partnership with the Children & Youth Task Force convened by the San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors, and San Joaquin Community Foundation. The goal of the Community Grant Fund is to support community-designed events that promote solidarity and healing and highlight local resources for pandemic recovery to under-resourced and marginalized communities in San Joaquin County. Within this area of focus, preference in the application evaluation process will be to ensure there is a mix of organizational representation throughout the county. Additional preference will be given to organizations with operating budgets less than one million dollars. However, organizations with larger budgets are also welcome to apply.
Requests for funding must:
- Target under-resourced and marginalized communities in San Joaquin County (a funding priority)
- Highlight and make available local resources related to pandemic relief (must include 2-1-1)
- Events cannot be fundraising events for your organization and should be free to the public. Fundraisers will not be funded.
- Events can have a target group or population but should be generally open to the public. Private events will not be funded.
Examples of eligible expenses that can be charged to the grant are:
- Rental/space fees
- Party/equipment rentals
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Performing artist fees
- Educational experiences
- Goodie bags and/or items to distribute (toys, swag, etc.)
- Up-to 10% of the grant may be used for administrative fees
The Community Grant Fund has committed a total of $450,000 for this program. This second round of funding will make available the remaining $62,300 not yet awarded to organizations. Eligible organizations may request funding in the amount of up to $3,000 for this current round of funding.
Timeframe for Using Grant Monies
Grant monies must be expended by December 31, 2023. Grant funds may be used to pay for a series of events, or a single event.
The Community Grant Fund will consider grant applications from organizations that meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a nonprofit organization in good standing that is tax-exempt under Section501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code with a valid Federal employee identification number (EIN) (churches/places of worship must also have a valid Federal employee identification number that meets the tax-exempt requirements of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code),
- Whose primary offices are located in San Joaquin County
- Serving residents of San Joaquin County
There will be a brief report at the end of the grant period requesting the following: approximate number of individuals who attended the event, pandemic relief resources that were available, summary of the event, how funds were spent, and highlights and pictures from the event. Receipts of grant-related expenses must be kept for three years in case of an audit.
Submission Review Timeline
Below are the approximate dates for accepting requests for funding and award announcements.
- Application Opens – Application portal opens May 30, 2023
- Applications Due – Applications must be submitted on or before June 16, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. (PST)
- Award Announcements – Grant awards will be announced on or before June 23, 2023
- Funds Available (approx.) – Funding will be made available within 30 days of grant award approval
You may view a copy of the Grant Application for reference HERE. Please note that Applications will only be considered if submitted through the Community Foundation’s grant portal.
Request for Technical Assistance
Requests for technical assistance with using our online grant portal, including any questions about the grant application can be directed to George Lorente, SJCF Director of Grants and Scholarships, at email@example.com or (209) 943-2375.